Nazlini Community School,Inc.
School Year (SY) Plan 2020-2021
Off-Site Distance Learning Plan
Nazlini Community School, Inc. will begin School Year 2020-2021 on Monday, August 03, 2020, and will implement its Off-Site Distance learning Plan. In the pandemic, there are many factors outside of our students and the school system. It is the school’s intention to be as many factors outside of our students as possible while staying consistent with our core values as a school district.
The following is the Off-site Distance Learning Plan:
1. Academic– Academic will provide education services for all enrolled students, KG-6th grades, and will be as follows:
- Students will be issued lap top computers to use and complete weekly classroom assignments. These devices will be programmed for usage of school related purposes only.
- The weekly classroom assignments will be prepared by classroom teachers in the classrooms and stored on flash drives.
- The flash drives will be delivered to students through home visits by school personnel (Drivers and Community Liaison) on Mondays, 9:00 am – 11:00 am. School personnel will wear personal protective equipment (PPE) during home visits. There will be no person to person contact during delivery of assignments. All parents/guardians will be requested to construct a Delivery/Drop off point at each home site.
A list of personnel and designated routes is as follows:
- Raymond – Ganado & Woodsprings Area
- Chester – Nazlini Area and NHA area
- Irene – Flat Rock & Three Turkey Ruins Area
- Harlan – Kinlichi & Cross Canyon
- The flash drives will be picked up through home visits by school personnel (Bus Drivers and Community Liaison) on Thursdays, 9:00 am – 11:00 am. School personnel will wear personal protective equipment (PPE) during home visits. There will be no person to person contact during delivery/drop off point at each home site.
A list of personnel and designated routes is as follows:
- Raymond – Ganado & Kinlichi Area and Wood Springs Area
- Chester – Wood Springs, Nazlini Area and NHA Housing Area
- Irene – East Flat Rock Area
- Harlan – West Flat Rock Area & Cross Canyon
- School Assignment-All weekly school assignments must be turned in on designated date (Thursday) before the following week’s assignment (flash-drive) will be issued. All returned weekly assignment will be graded on Fridays.
- Attendance-Daily attendance will be accounted for by school personnel.
- Grades-Student grades will be determined based on assignments turned in weekly. Quarterly grades will be posted at end of quarters in accordance to the school calendar.
- Special Education-Students will be served based on completed Individual Treatment Plan (ITP).
- Parent/Teacher Communication-Communication of parent/teacher will only be conducted via phone calls, text messages, and /or emails.
2. FACE-The FACE Program’s first day of Off-Site Distant Learning will be Monday, August 10, 2020. CDC Guidelines and social distancing will be in place for staff and family safety. The program will conduct an online FACE Family Orientation, Tuesday, August 04-Thursday, August 06, 2020. The online presentation will provide an overview of guidelines and requirements for the NCS, Inc. FACE Program. It will also feature a per-recorded orientation video for interested parents who lack internet access.
The Program’s has a FACEBOOK page that was created in Spring 2020 for enrolled families. It will continue to use the FACEBOOK page to keep in contact with enrolled families. The program is also in the process of ordering laptops for enrolled students/families.
The FACE Program will have an on-going recruitment for School Year 2020-2021.
The program will continue to provide the following services:
- HOME-BASED-Home-Based educators will provide telecommunication/virtual home visits, Mondays to Thursdays, weekly or bi-weekly. The program is enrolling prenatal mothers, families with children birth to 5 years old and kindergarten entry. Home-based goal for SY 2020-2021 is to enroll 24 families.
Services will be as follows:
- Each home visit will focus on child development information, parent-child engagement activity and family well-being topics.
- Handouts and activity packets will be delivered weekly by school personnel (Bus Drivers and Community Liaison)
- Focuses on resource connection for families seeking outside resources.
- Telecommunication/ Virtual development screening for enrolled students.
- Virtual Family Circles (TBA)
- Free books to enrolled students!!
- Participation families will receive incentives.
- CENTER-BASED-Center-Base Teachers will compile weekly learning activities based on enrolled child’s age. Weekly take-home packets will be delivered every Monday and collected on Thursday by school personnel (Bus Driver and Community Liaison). Activity packets/assignments will correlate with online videos and posting.
Center-Base will continue to include the following programs:
- Weekly lessons will include “The Big Idea,” which will be in alignment with the Circles Curriculum.
- Students will receive services from the Dine Language and Culture.
- Students will receive services from Physical Education.
- Teachers will call/ check-in with parents daily for attendance and if any help is needed on any assignments.
- Daily assignments will be posted on the programs Facebook page.
- Children will be enrolled in the Dolly wood Imagination Library.
- Students will receive 100 books from Unite for Literacy.
- Monthly incentives from Partnership[ with Native Americans for enrolled families.
- Assist with Home-Based staff for any transitions, and help plan for monthly Virtual Family Circles.
- Adult Education-The Adult Education will provide weekly packets for enrolled adult parents. Packets will be delivered every Monday and collected on Thursday by school personnel (Bus Driver and Community Liaison). The packets will correlate with online posting on the FACE-social media page. The packets will include the following:
- Based on Parent’s enrollment status (full time, Part time or Flextime).
- Educational assignments in Reading, Math and Composition.
- Parent Time information and activities for Adult students.
- Parent Time Actives. These will vary on parent survey and interests.
- Logs to help maintain and keep records of hours. Logs will be as follows:
- Adult Education Logs
- Reading Logs
- Parent Engagement Logs
- CASAS Assessment for Adult Learner (TBA)
- Visual Instruction-When the program receives laptops and USB Drives, recorded visual instruction on Adult Education assignments will be saved on the drives for adult learners to view on the laptops.
- Program/Family Communication-Programs/Family communication re:updated information, attendance, and participation will be conducted via telecommunication and social media (NCSI FACE Facebook page).
3. Transportation-There will be no student transportation to and from school. The transportation staff will assist with delivering and picking up of weekly student classroom assignments on Mondays and Thursdays. The staff will also assist with the daily Breakfast and Lunch Grab-N-Go Meals Services. All staff will attend and acquire certification with the Navajo Nation Food Handlers Program.
A list of staff assisting and delivery designation is included in the Academic and Food Services sections.
4. Food Services-Daily Breakfast and lunch Grab-N-Go Meals Services will be provided to all students by school personnel (Bus Driver, Food Services Staff, Community Liaison), Monday to Thursday, 9:30 a.m.-11:00 a.m. School personnel protective equipment (PPE) during meals deliveries. There will be no person to person contact during delivery of meals. All parents/guardians will be requested to construct a Delivery/Drop off point at each home site.
There will be four (4) designated Grab-N-Go meals delivery areas daily:
- Raymond-Ganado, & Wood Springs Area
- Chester-Nazlini Area & NHA Housing
- Irene- Flatrock Area
- Harlan-Kinlichi Area & Cross Canyon Area
5. Residential-The dormitory will remain closed. The staff will assist with daily administration, academic and food services duties.
6. Athletics-There will be no athletic activities.
- Note-Plan subject to change during the school year…